Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mmm Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


October is lovely for so many reasons; beautiful colours in the trees, fresh crisp air, a break after the craziness of summer and September, and PUMPKINS!!!!

I love driving by fields of pumpkins. There's quite a few of them on the island; especially on the highway towards the airport. They always bring a smile to my face. Green fields with orange polka dots are just so cute!

I, personally, am a fan of pretty well any recipe that includes pumpkin in it. Today, I have been trying a new roasted pumpkin seed recipe. I got this recipe from a friend at work and it's so delicious that I wanted to share it. Recipes are made for sharing after all so enjoy!

Jack-Be-Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients

1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin seeds

2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce

1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice

3/4 tsp (4 mL) chili powder

3/4 tsp (4 mL) hot pepper sauce

1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt 1 pinch cumin

Preparation:

Toss pumpkin seeds with soy sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and pinch cumin. Spread on baking sheet; roast in 250°F (120°C) oven for 1 hour until dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List