Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pinatas for a Party


As some of you know, over the last week I've been working on some pinatas for a stagette that I'm off to this weekend. I've had lots of help along the way!

On Saturday, a friend and I babysat for someone and the kids (age 8 and 5) had a great time helping out with the paper mache. We mixed up some white glue with hot water (2 cups glue, 1 cup water- it cools off very quickly plus it is waaaay less messy than flour and water) and pasted 2 layers of old newspaper onto Costco-sized cereal boxes and balloons. We did a layer of white paper on top so that they'd be easy to paint. The kids did a great job! They were so meticulous about layering the paper smoothly!

The other day my friend and I painted them up and made a wedding gown for the girl out of tissue paper. We added some accessories from the Dollar Store too - can you guess what the groom does for a living?

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's me and Mike :) Awesome Job. You are a fantastic artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He hee...I will have to post up some photos of when we break them open

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List